Fleet Insurance Quotes
Find a cheap fleet insurance policy that meets with your business or personal requirements
What is Fleet Insurance?
Fleet insurance enables you to purchase cover for all your vehicles from one broker which is normally rewarded with a discount on your annual premium. This type of cover is flexible and can be used to insure 3 vehicles upwards. In addition the vehicle type need not be the same for example 2 cars and 1 van can qualify for fleet cover.
Many companies operate more than one commercial vehicle to operate their daily business. Delivery companies, construction companies, roofing companies, sales companies and taxi services are a few of many examples of commercial businesses that rely on vehicle fleets. For these companies a fleet policy can be more affordable than insuring each individual vehicle separately.
What type of business can this type of insurance be used for ?
If you need more than 1 vehicle to operate your business, then most likely you will qualify for fleet cover, some of the most common business models include:
Commercial vehicles are often expensive to cover. You can get multiple quotes for your commercial vehicle insurance by clicking the get quotes button below and completing your details. Once you have all the quotes you can then spend time to compare the details within each policy to find the one that best covers your needs.
Looking to compare deals on lorry insurance fleets? We can help you by submitting your lorry cover requirements to a select panel of leading UK specialists brokers that provide you with multiple quotes.
The costs of multi taxi insurance can be expensive so it is best to shop around and compare the market to find the most suitable cover. Costs can potentially be reduced by careful selection of drivers for example hiring drivers that are over 25 with a clean licence which may reduce your annual policy costs
Looking for business fleet insurance? We have partnered with QuoteSearcher who deal with a number of business fleet specialists. Get started by selecting the get quotes button below and complete a simple online inquiry form. Within minutes you will receive a multitude of quotes from top UK specialist brokers.
Need multiple quotes for your multi car insurance ?We have partnered with QuoteSearcher whose partners can help by providing multiple quotes. Get started by selecting the get quotes button now!
Compare the cost to insure a small fleet of commercial vans,company cars, trucks, minibuses and many more vehicle categories including multi cover options. Select the get quotes button and receive quotes from specialist brokers. Read more about our Read more about our multi van fleet insurance
Report All Accidents Quickly - No Matter How Minor
When an accident does occur no matter how minor it is always important to advise your broker immediately. Failure to do so in thinking maybe that the other party will not take action may well result in a hefty bill some time later for such things as a replacement vehicle, solicitor costs and vehicle storage fees. All of these most likely could have been either reduced or removed had your broker been informed at the time of the accident. The end result could be a claim that is significantly higher that it would have been had the incident been reported in a timely manner. Remember your policy costs are partly based on your claims history, as such it makes sense to take all steps to reduce your actual claims and thus keep a lid on future policy renewal costs.
How do Reducing Insurance Costs
Do you know your fleet’s claims performance?
Start by asking your current broker for a copy of your fleets authenticated claims experience. When you ask for a copy from your current underwriter it will start a ball rolling leading to possibly reduced premiums come policy renewal time. You may be asking what is it? Within the insurance industry it is a standard form that details information on your fleet's performance over a period of 3 years (or less if the business is new). The form contains all the details of each vehicle in the fleet, such as any claims made and the frequency of payments made by the current underwriters to cover your claims. It will also show any claims that may still be pending. This form will also be requested by any future underwriter and by just asking you can be sure it will alert your current broker that you are looking at alternatives give you some leverage to negotiate a better deal come renewal time.
Often overlooked, but the cost of your fleet plays a key role in determining your premiums , as such you may wish to consider buying cheaper vehicles or choosing vehicles that fall into the categories that attract lower premiums, which correlates to the initial vehicle price plus costs to repair. This is also true for family vehicle insurance policies.
Get the Governments Pass Plus Certificate
This a practical driving test engineered by the UK government that takes at least 6 hours. Check with any perspective insure if they offer a discount for having gained this certificate, not all insures offer this discount so do shop around to find the ones that do.
FAQ - Who Can Drive ?
This is a frequent question. You will find that most fleet policies are usually arranged on an Any Authorised Driver basis which means that anyone can drive with the permission of the company/directors. However discounts can apply if you start to restrict to named drivers or based on age (e.g. Any Driver over 30). If you include young drivers under 25 yhat is will likely result in an increased policy excess.
Don't Over insure
Always check what is included in your policy as you may find that your have cover that your business does not need and removing any such items will bring down costs. Whilst over insurance means paying for something that you do not need be careful that you do not omit cover that is required or skimp on the level of cover leaving yourself or your business under insured.
Types of Fleet Insurance Available
Third Party Fleet Insurance (TPFI)
This is the legal minimum required within the UK and provides the following cover.
Third Party Fire and Theft Fleet Insurance (TPF&TFI)
Comprehensive Fleet Insurance
Also termed fully comp this is the highest level of cover and includes the previously mentioned above, but also covers your personal or business costs resulting from an accident.
When purchasing cover for your vehicle fleet do take time to consider other aspects, for example does it include cover for driving in Europe or further abroad? Do you require breakdown cover or goods in transit cover to be included? These are all important questions that should be considered prior to the purchase of your sole trader or company policy. On some items such as windscreen repair and breakdown cover it may be cheaper to deal direct a nationwide service provider than add direct to your company or business policy.
Checklist to save money on fleet policy costs
- New customers or renewal time – Most brokers offer attractive introductory discounts for new customers, so it does pay to shop around at renewal time.
- Reduce your annual mileage – If possible agree a cap on your fleet mileage with your underwriter or broker. Reducing time on the road will also reduce the risk and thus cover costs.
- Build a history of no claims discounts – This can play a big factor in reducing fleet cover costs so work at reducing the number of claims, which should result in significant savings on your annual or monthly insurance costs.
- Choose a flexible payment method – Most brokers are flexible on installment payment methods. These can be monthly, quarterly or semi annual and remember setting up a direct debit will make the process automatic.
- Security - Add security devices approved by the UK insurance industry.
- Increase the excess - Taking more responsibility for the costs of any future claims by increasing the policy excess amount will be rewarded by a policy discount. Before taking this route ensure that you will be able to afford to pay the excess should an accident happen.
- Expert advice – Take advice from the insurance specialists when unsure of what you should include and the level of cover required.
- Black Box : The idea here is to show your insurer that you pose less of a risk because you or your drivers are considered safe drivers. Telematics data is extracted from the black box that records many things take for example how quickly and how often you break, speed , extreme or jerky steering.
- Regular Service : Some accidents are partly the result of vehicles that are not running 100%. For example a braking system that has been left unchecked. Pursuing a company wide policy of regular servicing alongside driver safety checks will help reduce accidents that are initiated by poor service management.
- Named Drivers : If possible avoid any driver fleet insurance and choose named drivers if possible.
- Discounts for truck fleet cover – Put all your vehicles under one multi fleet policy as it will reduce admin costs and also reduce your annual premiums.
- Driver Age : Drivers under 25 attract a higher premium, if possible ensure all drivers are over 25 or better still over 30.
What is Telematics ?
A small device is added to your vehicle, that will record data on the driver. Typical things recorded include:
This type of data enables the fleet manager to identify areas in which driving can be improved by additional training. To help get your drivers on board involve them by possible awarding prizes for best drivers, or create driving teams that compete against each other. In some cases this approach has made a significant reduction in claims. This not only reduces your company insurance costs, but also will decrease the time vehicles are off the road for accident repair.
All our intelligence suggests that monitoring by telematics is increasingly accepted . . . as a fact of life and the benefits more fully understood,
Ralph Morton, editorial director of Business Car Manager
This information can also be used to plan quicker routes this coupled with safer slow driving will also reduce fleet fuel costs, which by itself is a significant running cost.
How can telematics reduce your fleet polciy premiums
Being able to substantially reduce the number of claims made against you fleet insurance policy puts you in a strong position at renewal time. This can be used as leverage o negotiate a reduction in your fleet costs. Why? The premium cost is partly based on the number of claim have been made against your current or previous policy.