The Do's and Dont's when in an Accident
Nobody ever wants to be involved in a road accident, but unfortunately they do happen and if it happens to you need to stay calm and follow the instructions below.
- 1Never leave the scene, wait for the authorities
- 2Never admit liability, leave that for the law
- 3Get contact details and the insurance details of the third party
- 4Get contact details of any witnesses to the accident
- 5Use your phone to take multiple photos of the accident scene
- 6As soon as possible make a sketch to show how the accident happened
Provide you Broker with Claim Details
You must inform your insurance broker as soon as possible to report the accident. When you make contact please have the following details available to speed up the reporting process.
- 1Your name and company name if business fleet insurance
- 2Details of the vehicle including the registration number and model
- 3Details of the claim be it fire theft or a road accident.
- 4If third party please have these available
- 5Report any injuries
- 6Report any damage to property
- 7If an accident full details of the third party and their insurance details
- 8Police details if applicable